I have skill as a cataloguer with copy cataloguing and library automation as I am a system librarian.
I consult onsite re library design and setup and can re-order a library to be better grouped so that research can be done much easier. This is a result of cataloguing the entire collection including books, serials, CD, DVDs, cassettes, LPs, audio tapes, photograph albums, paintings, letters and memorabilia.
Library systems I have installed and catalogued in:
In May 2020, I successfully installed Koha library system on Linux to create WWWalker Library with over 4300 books which I catalogued from my father mainly. I setup an OPAC and staff area and setup DNS to point to the new sub Websites. Over several hours I imported 4300 MARC records exported from ResourceMate library system.
Before importing into Koha, I had to clean the MARC records to remove non-UTF-8 characters which required knowledge of UTF-8 character encoding and Perl module programming with MARC::Lint to check for character encoding and data compatibility and hex editor to replace or remove non-UTF-8 charaters like curly ' or " or accents or graves and use MarcEdit to add 952 field in bulk and convert to .MRC file for upload. Set indicator fields based on MARC framework. Set non-defined indicator fields to \. Before that imports failed.
In import, select item type for 952$y that matches what is in Koha or create new item type to match the item type used in import or ISBD view will break and item type will be blank in catalogue for all those with new item type. Koha has item type BK not BKS so create BKS or use BK when importing in bulk. This video unfortunately gave item type of BKS when it should have been BK.
To stop Australia/Brisbane timezone not being found in database in Koha, I imported timezone table into MySQL with a Linux bash script.
To make URLs active in MARC records e.g. vimeo.com streaming videos, I changed them from 856$a to 856$u in record.
Altering MARC Records in MarcEdit before Importing in to Koha
I then used Z39.50 in Koha to copy catalogue MARC records from Library of Congress, National Library of Australia, University of Queensland Library or State Library of Queensland to export MARC records for books in my library which I converted to MRC file using MarcEdit to import into ResourceMate. Export of MARC to tab delimited was another way by matching fields and subfields. MARC is preferred but many vendors use CSV or Excel to send bibliographic records so MarcEdit converts between Excel and MARC.